Sunday, February 27, 2011

Body Products

It's been a long road to finding body products that I enjoy using and that are good for me...

I haven't always been a 'natural' girl...

When I was in college I remember wasting money at Bath & Body Works, The Body Shop, and the Macy's perfume counter. If only I had known that with all those fruity/girly scents and products came a loaded whiff of chemicals!

After years of battling migraines and other health problems, I began to research chemicals in fragrance, body and home care products. As mentioned before the mountain of information was quite large, but one of the standout findings was that artificial fragrance was a big no-no!

The 'fragrance' that hides in so many products today is silently causing more harm than good. Take a look at an ordinary shampoo/conditoner, body lotion, deodorant, body wash...look at the ingredients...somewhere among the list of unpronounceable ingredients will be 'fragrance' or 'perfume.' That fragrance/perfume may smell delicious, but is the tiny tip of a chemically saturated iceberg. These chemicals gradually can build up in a persons system and cause problems...for me it was migraines.

After eliminating and reducing my exposure to artificial fragrance/perfume my migraines have reduced greatly. I rarely get headaches. Every so often I am tempted by a beautiful bottle of Chanel, but then I am reminded as I walk by the perfume counter and feel an instant migraine looming...it's not worth it. Plus, natural products can smell beautiful and make me feel pampered too!

It took me a couple years to sort through the limited amount of healthy/safe products, but in the end I've found a couple favorites. Not only do I feel better, but I also have saved much money over the years (that I gladly now spend on a Dr. Hauschka lipstick!)


The Body Shop glove
$6 - thebodyshop-usa.com

Weleda Wild Rose Creamy Body Wash
$14 - saffronrouge.com

Weleda Citrus Creamy Body Wash
$14 - saffronrouge.com

Ginger whipped body cream 200g
21 GBP - debenhams.com



Badger Evolving Body Balm
$20 - saffronrouge.com

Weleda Sea Buckthorn Hand Cream
$12 - saffronrouge.com

3 comments:

  1. I love your blog! So wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! You are my first 'commenter' and your little comment made me so excited! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the bodyshop gloves. They are a simple yet perfect exfoliater.

    Love your blog, Nomi!

    ReplyDelete