Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Favorite Facial Care Products

I've been a skin care junkie for as long as I can remember...

I remember the first feeling of using skin products as a teenager...feeling a little more grown up, a little more like a woman as I applied the tingly cool Noxema cream to my skin.

I remember standing at the Clinique counter for the first time- lost in the sea of toners, creamy yellow bar soaps, and snobby women in white lab coats. I will never forget how disappointed I was when I tried out the 3-step system...somehow wishing that the price tag and the name brand would magically transform my oily dotted face to smooth porcelain perfection.

I remember the not so distant past of chemical laden products that littered my bathroom countertop...Philosophy, Proactive, Neutrogena, Clean & Clear, Aveeno...and my angry inflamed skin that accompanied them.

A couple years ago I began to research ingredients in skin care products and discovered a mountain of information. To put simply...this mountain mainly consisted of:
     1.the harm that chemical packed 'mainstream' products can have on our skin and overall health- due to that fact that our skin is a living organism and absorbs what we put on it.
     2. and that organic, gentle and 'green' products are the way to go! No parabens, sulphates, artificial fragrance and colors, phlatlates...to name a few.

Now, I can't say that any products are solely a miracle in themselves - but I believe that treating the skin with a gentle, intelligent, and thoughtful touch has helped me much over the years. I am still on the road to finding balance with my skin, but I believe this has to do with whole body health (eating organic, hormone balance, stress control, drinking more water...) But for the time being here are a few of my favorite facial products...




Clean Energy cleansing oil 200ml
16 GBP - debenhams.com



Suki Exfoliate Foaming Cleanser
$37 - saffronrouge.com


Dr.Hauschka Clarifying Toner
$35 - saffronrouge.com



Suki Balancing Day Lotion
$32 - saffronrouge.com


Badger Evolving Body Balm
$20 - saffronrouge.com


Weleda Wild Rose Facial Toner
$17 - saffronrouge.com


Dr.Hauschka Lip Care Stick
$13 - saffronrouge.com


Maine Blueberry Honey 10.5 oz
$13 - blackbirdballard.com


Suki Creamy Foaming Cleanser
$8.95 - saffronrouge.com


Weleda Everon Lip Balm
$4.75 - saffronrouge.com





Magazine Article
good-times.webshots.com



Just to clarify...The honey is great as a calming and moisturizing 'mask.' Even though I tend to have oily blemished skin, I still get dry/flaky spots and honey helps to moisturize, calm redness, and is also antibacterial which is great for breakouts! The papaya is a wonderful gentle enzyme exfoliant- makes my skin super smooth!

Any questions? Feel free to leave me a comment! ;)

Two wonderful websites I order from and highly recommend are:
     1. Saffron Rouge
     2. Spirit Beauty Lounge

No comments:

Post a Comment