Monday, March 7, 2011

Red Haired & Lovely

I've always been enamored with red hair...

As a girl I always coveted the coppery carrot hue of Anne of Green Gables.
As a teenager I pined after the deep burgundy curls of Kate Winslet on Titanic, the tight strawberry coils of Nicole Kidman on Far and Away, and the teased bob of Molly Ringwald on Sixteen Candles.

As a woman I have found (and still find) myself drawn to vintage and modern red haired lovelies...

...Maureen O'Hara, Greer Garson, Rita Hayworth, Lucille Ball, Ann Margret, Drew Barrymore (brief 1990's phase), Amy Adams...and my current favorite, the voluptuous Christina Hendricks (Joan Holloway on Mad Men).


3 comments:

  1. You definitely fit the red haired and lovely category.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maureen O'Hara was wonderful in The Hunchback of Notre Dame & The Quiet Man. Two great movies. Talk about a red-headed beauty, O'Hara was always a class act -- just like you Naomi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rebecca, you are too sweet! :)

    Marla, I need to see both of those movies again!

    ReplyDelete