Monday, April 25, 2011

My Makeup Bag

I've always been a girly-girl.
Always on the search for the perfect mascara.

Until recently I've always gladly packed my makeup bag with MAC, Nars, and Urban Decay.
I've been striving to 'purify' my life over the past couple of years- switching to organic eating, eliminating parabens/phalates/sulfates/toxins from personal products, tossing my favorite chemical laden perfumes for those made with essential oils and absolutes...

However, my makeup bag has remained untouched. Until recently.
First of all I was determined not switch to a 'healthier' product until I found something of equal quality and performance. Secondly, makeup is pretty pricey (especially the higher end stuff), and to replace my entire makeup bag would put me back some big bucks. And thirdly, girly-girls are snobs when it comes to makeup- we are happy to have MAC and Nars nestled in our makeup stash. It's hard to let go of tried and true favorites that have pretty packaging and outstanding quality. But eventually the chemicals packed in those favorite products began to weigh on my shoulders- especially knowing that our skin absorbs a great deal of what we put on it.

So, the healthier makeup bag makeover has begun!
I've been happily surprised with the quality and performance of most of my new makeup!
And while I'm happy with my Dr. Hauschka mascara...
I'm still on the search for the perfect mascara.





No comments:

Post a Comment